Resources are available in PDF unless otherwise noted. Bookmark this page and check back often as new resources are added.
Learn about Sakai training required for all instructors using Sakai at Durham Tech.
Instructors who use Sakai at Durham Tech must follow the Sakai procedures.
Topics include: Intro to Sakai workshop handout, logging in, navigating Sakai, tips for using Sakai, and student login sheets.
Handouts include: Copying content from one Sakai course to another.
Sakai project sites can facilitate collaboration for college-sanctioned committees, teams, departments, clubs, etc.
Subscribe to the Sakai Blog for the latest news for Durham Tech's Instructors.
- All Sakai Instructor YouTube Videos
- Gradebook and Forums: Intro to the Gradebook, Create Forums/Topics, Grade Sakai Discussion Posts,
- Assignments/Turnitin and Lessons: Setup Assignments (and Turnitin), Grade Assignments, Intro to Lessons,
- Tests & Quizzes: Create Tests and Quizzes, Publish Tests & Quizzes, Grade Tests & Quizzes,
- Email and Email Archive/Resources: How to use Email and Email Archive, How to use Resources
Sakai has a lot of tools that you can add to and use in your courses! Check out Durham Tech's Sakai Tools List.
Videos and Handouts include: Using Sakai Tests & Quizzes tool.
Videos and Handouts include: Using Sakai Assignments (and Turnitin) and Drop Box tools.
Handouts include: Using Sakai Announcements, Chat, Email, Email Archive, Forums, Groups, Meetings, Schedule (Calendar), and Sign-up tools.
Handouts include: Blogs, Home Page, Images, Sakai Lessons, SoftChalk Lessons, Math/Science Editor, Podcasts, Polls, Resources, RSS Feeds, Site Info, Syllabus, Text Editor, Add Videos, Add Voki, Web Content, and Wiki.
Handouts include: Using Sakai Statistics and Sakai User Activity tool.
Videos and Handouts include: Using Sakai Gradebook.
Top Sakai Blog Posts
Preparing for Next Semester
Before the Semester Starts
End of Semester Tips
- Essential Sakai Tips Instructors and Students Need to Know
- Why can't Students see my Sakai images or files?