Resources are available in PDF unless otherwise noted. Bookmark this page and check back often as new resources are added.
Learn about Sakai training required for all instructors using Sakai at Durham Tech.
Instructors who use Sakai at Durham Tech must follow the Sakai procedures.
Topics include: Intro to Sakai workshop handout, logging in, navigating Sakai, tips for using Sakai, and student login sheets.
Handouts include: 5 Tips for Converting your Blackboard course to Sakai, Blackboard to Sakai Tool Translator, Importing Tests from Blackboard in to Sakai, and Copying content from one Sakai course to another.
Sakai project sites can facilitate collaboration for college-sanctioned committees, teams, departments, clubs, etc.
Subscribe to the Sakai Blog for the latest news for Durham Tech's Instructors.
Sakai has a lot of tools that you can add to and use in your courses! Check out Durham Tech's Sakai Tools List.
Handouts include: Using Sakai Tests & Quizzes tool.
Handouts include: Using Sakai Assignments and Drop Box tools.
Handouts include: Using Sakai Announcements, Chat, Email, Email Archive, Forums, Meetings, Roster, Schedule (Calendar), and Sign-up tools.
Handouts include: Blogs, Sakai Lessons, SoftChalk Lessons, Math/Science Editor, Polls, Resources, RSS Feeds, Site Info, Syllabus, Text Editor, Add Videos, Add Voki, Web Content, and Wiki.
Handouts include: Using Sakai Statistics and Sakai User Activity tool.
Handouts include: Using Sakai Gradebook.
Top Sakai Blog Posts
Preparing for Next Semester
- Where can we find images to use in Sakai?
- How do I display Vimeo and YouTube videos in Sakai?
- What 3 Sakai Tools could I use this semester?
- New! Math/Science Editor in Sakai
- What Can I Use in Sakai to Help Students Before They Drift Away?
- Sakai Meetings Tips (BigBlueButton - Web Conferencing)
- Do's and Don'ts for Creating/Leading Online Meetings
- Language Instructors-You can update your Site Language
Before the Semester Starts
- Before Classes Start: Top 3 Instructor Tips
- Top 3 Sakai Student Questions and Answers
- Sakai Tests: Latest Tips for Instructors
End of Semester Tips
- Essential Sakai Tips Instructors and Students Need to Know
- Why can't Students see my Sakai images or files?