Update Your Java
What is Java?
Java is a programming language used on many interactive web pages. To view web pages that include Java programming, you must have "Java" (or technically, the "Java Runtime Environment") installed on your computer.
Do I need Java to use Blackboard or Sakai?
YES. If you do not have Java installed on your computer---or if you have an old version of Java installed---you are likely to encounter difficulties using the Discussion Board, taking online tests, checking your grades, and so on.
How do I install Java or update it to the current version?
Check your Java and update it to the latest version
- Go to http://www.java.com
- Click on "Do I have Java?"
- Click on "Verify version"
- If you see a message that you are NOT using the recommended version, follow the prompts to download and install it.
- When the installation is complete, be sure to RESTART YOUR COMPUTER.